Executive Compensation Consultant (Analyst)
Meridian’s Canadian office is expanding and we are looking for an Analyst to join our team in Toronto, Ontario. We are looking for a strategic and critical thinker with business and financial acumen. As an Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work across client teams and receive hands-on consulting experience to provide compensation advisory services to the Boards and executive teams at some of North America’s largest companies.
As an Executive Compensation Consultant (Analyst), you will work with a team of consultants and partners to provide research, analytical data and advice to the boards of directors and senior executives at companies across a variety of industries. You will gather and analyze compensation and financial data, document and compare executive compensation program designs across companies and assist with the creation of client reports.
In this role, you will apply your analytical, written and oral communication skills to help our teams deliver high quality and effective solutions to clients. Strong performance in the role, and demonstrated potential to grow into broader service relationships can lead to expanded project management and client relationship responsibilities.
Responsibilities, accountabilities, and skill sets:
- Analyze executive compensation programs using a variety of tools and resources
- Conduct industry, company and financial research
- Analyze relevant financial performance information for correlation to compensation using statistics and other analytical methods
- Understand a client’s business strategies at a high level
- Develop and apply a basic knowledge of related accounting, tax and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate high proficiency in spreadsheet software and analytical tools
- Collaborate effectively in two- and three-person client teams
- Manage multiple critical deliverables at the same time
- Communicate effectively with team members and clients
- Demonstrate high motivation to deliver and learn, and take initiative to grow abilities and contributions
- An undergraduate degree, preferably with a concentration in finance, accounting, data analytics, general business or economics
- Analytical and technical skills (i.e., excel, data modelling, statistics, CapIQ)
- No experience in the executive compensation consulting industry needed
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Meridian without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law.