Best Practices Around Executive Compensation Decision-Making
Posted by David Bixby and Andrew Stancel on February 28, 2023 in Podcast Channel
On this episode of the Executive Compensation Podcast, David Bixby and Andrew Stancel discuss best practices when it comes to compensation committee meeting processes.
They talk about:
– Why it’s so important to get best practices in place here.
– Some key processes committees use to manage the complexities around executive compensation.
– The role of the chair in decision-making.
– How business strategy impacts compensation decisions.
– Does the CEO ever participate in meetings?
– The importance of an annual calendar.
– How to think about optics and decisions that could be challenging when viewed externally.
– The value of having an external advisor.
Board Advisory Services, Corporate Governance Consulting, Program Design