Your CEO Is Going To Leave at Some Point. Are You Ready?
Posted by Daniel Kaufman and Virginia Rhodes on May 18, 2023 in Podcast Channel
On this episode of The Executive Compensation Podcast, we’re joined by Dan Kaufman and Virginia Rhodes, both Partners at Meridian Compensation Partners, LLC. They’re here to talk about the compensation implications involved in a CEO transition. We cover:
– What should companies be doing in advance to plan for a CEO transition?
– Best practices for dealing with an unexpected transition.
– Compensation considerations when making an internal promotion to CEO.
– Do CEOs ever receive large awards on promotion?
– Best compensation practices when hiring a CEO outside the company.
– The value of having a good internal succession plan.
Board Advisory Services, Corporate Governance Consulting, Program Design